SOUTH WEST CONSTRUCTION CONSULTANTS CELEBRATE 70TH ANNIVERSARY AT TWO PLATNINUM EVENTS IN DEVON
September 25, 2017
Long-established Chartered Quantity Surveyors, formerly known as Gates Construction Consultants, with offices in Barnstaple, Plymouth and Bristol, rebranded in 2017 as ‘Gates Consultants’ with a new logo and website. Originally established in 1947 by John W Gates in Bridgwater, the practice has evolved to provide a wide range of professional services within the construction industry.
Celebrating their 70th anniversary in style, Gates held not one, but two events for local clients, associates and supporters. The first ‘Platinum Party’ was held at Taw Restaurant, Petroc College in Barnstaple, quickly followed by a second event hosted by Royal Western Yacht Club, Queen Anne’s Battery in Plymouth.
A total of 120 people from the construction industry were welcomed with wine and canapés and networked with colleagues. To give a real sense of occasion, the price of beer and spirits, as charged in old money in the 1940’s, were chalked up on rustic blackboards. Guests entered a competition to name a collection of artefact tools of trade, used by quantity surveyors throughout the decades. Local historian Naomi Ayre from North Devon Athenaeum, and Chris Robinson based on The Barbican, gave interesting insights into the history of Barnstaple and Plymouth respectively, since 1947.
Read all about it: business ACTION
See coverage in: The Plymouth Daily